What is a .kr domain?
KR represents the official domain extension or the internet country code top level domain (ccTLD) of South Korea. It was introduced in 1986 and was intended for entities affiliated to this country.
Why register a .kr domain?
- South Korea is a prosperous and progressive Asian country. It is the fourth biggest economy in Asia and the eleventh biggest in the world.
- Before you invest in South Korea, consider buying a .kr domain extension for your website. It is beneficial for your business in ways you probably never knew about:
- .kr domain extension allows you to professionally introduce your brand name in the South Korean online market. It shows that your website is dedicated and committed to serving South Korean clientele.
- .kr domain extension reinforces your company’s connection with South Korea. It shows the legitimacy of your business and shows that you have a local presence in this territory.
- .kr domain extension elevates the trust rating and encourages customers to engage with your web page.
- .kr domain extension can maximize your sales and revenues since online shoppers tend to make a purchase from websites that they can identify as locally-run.
- .kr domain extension is beneficial for generating local traffic. Users located in South Korea are redirected to www.google.co.kr. All websites ending with .kr domain are ranked higher in this Google version. So most of your web visitors will be coming from South Korea.
- .kr domain extension is unique and more importantly, very affordable. For this small amount you will be able to protect your registered trademark and company online reputation.
- .kr domain extension is good for domain search.
- In order to register a .KR, .CO.KR, .OR.KR or .NE.KR domain, the domain owner must have residence in South Korea.
- If you do not meet this requirement, we can register the domain in the name of our local representatives and then make it available to you. This option has an additional cost (Trustee Service).